Membership Services Specialist
CMC is looking for a full-time Membership Services Specialist, who passionate about the mountains and the people who recreate in them, providing outstanding customer service.
- Deliver terrific customer service to our members, volunteers, guests, and community members.
- Connect members and non-members to the resources they need to participate in CMC activities.
- Handle complex and/or complicated calls to provide critical information; troubleshoot when members have questions, complaints, or issues.
- Run membership reports, schedule logistics, and use My Emma email marketing software to communicate with members.
- Enter and amend membership data, processing membership mailings and posting payments.
- Assist with outreach and promotional events, providing membership and volunteer information and sales.
- Manage volunteers in the membership services office.
- Prepare metrics and analytics on customer service activity.
- Interface with all CMC departments, as well as work with members and volunteers from every corner of the state of Colorado.
- H.S. Graduate or GED.
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership customer service or help desk capacity required. Experience implementing online ticketing systems and other customer service tracking tools.
- Strong experience and capabilities in implementing and managing information including essential systems for working with customers, administrative and financial procedures, and creating benchmarks for success.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills and able to manage multiple issues simultaneously.
- Experience in outdoor recreation or nonprofit field preferred.
- Results-oriented, solution-focused, and an excellent ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders, volunteers, and partners.
- Team player who values the mission of our 100-year old organization and co-workers.
- High energy and a passion towards improving the customer experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Maintain a balance between company policy and customer benefit in decision making. Handles issues in the best interest of both customer and organization.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasional overtime when needed.
- 40 hours/week; Health Care Plan; PTO
- Salary: $13.00 per hour starting
How To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to Brenda Porter at email@example.com. Subject line: Membership Services Representative. No phone calls please.
Marketing Intern Summer 2014
Type: Volunteer Intern
Reports to: Marketing Director
Purpose: This person will organize and complete tasks for the marketing department, in support of the marketing goals of the Colorado Mountain Club.
Overview: This outstanding individual will be a highly motivated team-player and organized self-starter, with the ability to follow through on various projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate will have superior print and web design skills, solid written and verbal skills, and a strong attention to detail. In addition to marketing and communications initiatives, duties will include background research and project coordination.
- Coordinate and organize CMC presence at events
- Assist marketing and advertising campaigns
- Create and maintain design collateral
- Update website content
- Create a communications and content calendar for the CMC blog
- Draft guidelines and “how-to” documents (PDFs and videos) for website functionality
- Promote guidebooks through events and outreach
- Coordinate with department directors and statewide groups on marketing needs
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Draft and edit marketing copy for print and web use
- Assist in social media management (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Minimum of college level Junior classification; at least 1 year of previous work experience
- Knowledge of and significant interest in marketing, communications, advertising and promotions is required
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and the software programs associated with Windows, particularly but not limited to Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with websites, content management tools, and HTML code
Hours & Compensation:
- The development intern works between 12-32 hours per week depending on desired hours; hours and schedule are flexible.
- Preferred start date July 7, 2014 and end date is negotiable (preferred 3 month or 6 month commitment)
- Occasional evening or weekend work may be requested for special events, including film festivals and fundraisers
- This is an unpaid internship, offering the right candidate program credit and invaluable experience in marketing and promotion.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Marketing Intern Resume. No phone calls.
CMC provides equal employment opportunities to all people regardless of race, age, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or any other basis protected by law.