Jobs & Internships
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Colorado Mountain Club.
Youth Education Intern
Youth Education Intern - Winter
- Experience in natural science or related field.
- Experience working in outdoor hiking, climbing programs and winter recreation.
- Experience teaching youth from diverse backgrounds in environmental education and/or adventure education.
- Sense of humor, ability to relate to school-age children and adults of all backgrounds; including class room behavior management.
- Self-directed, innovative thinker.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Assistant Instruction rock climbing at the indoor wall at the American Mountaineering Center with youth.
- Assistant Instructor for outdoor winter snowshoe hikes.
- Instruct curriculum for the Youth Education Program (YEP) Activities are primarily indoors and experiential, using models, props, games, and other hands-on teaching methods. Participants are children in grades K-12, and adult chaperones. Typically instruction will occur in groups of 20 people or less.
- Facilitate a positive, fun learning environment through appropriate classroom behavior management, language and teaching methods.
- Prepare activities, materials, and equipment for programs as needed. Clean-up program areas.
- Provide curriculum feedback and ideas to the YEP program design team.
- Assist with general office Administration tasks for the YEP program
- Two- Three days a week during December 1 - Feb 29
- Typical work day is 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. Classes may vary from 4- 8 hours/day
- This is an unpaid internship
- Pro-deals and a fun atmosphere and outdoor work.
- Ability to provide own transport to the American Mountaineering center in Golden, CO.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 15th 2015
Submit a resume and a cover letter with your goals and expectations of the position via email to email@example.com