Development Intern - Fall 2014Type:
Volunteer InternReports to:
Events & Corporate Sponsorships ManagerPurpose:
The Development intern will work in cooperation with the Events and Corporate Sponsorships Manager to meet the development goals of the Colorado Mountain Club. The focus will be on assisting with administrative tasks and general support of CMC’s fundraising efforts.
Critical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide administrative support for development activities associated with foundation, individual, and corporate fundraising
• Assist with proper and timely entry of contributions and in-kind gifts into the Raiser’s Edge system
• Create and distribute timely, accurate, and thoughtful gift-acknowledgement letters
• Help plan and prepare for CMC’s annual fundraising eventsAdditional Duties May Include:
• Communicate with donors, corporations and foundations via email, postal mail and phone calls
• Assist with entering and tracking donations and sponsorship
• Research foundation and corporate fundraising opportunities
• Assist in the marketing efforts related to fundraising
• Material preparation and assembly
• Complete special projects as assigned
• Minimum of college level Freshmen classification; at least 1 year of previous work experienceRecommended Skills:
• Experience with PC Microsoft Windows and the software programs associated with Windows, particularly but not limited to Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Database-entry skills, is a plusHours & Compensation:
• The development intern works between 10 – 20 hours per week depending on desired hours; hours and schedule is very flexible. Starting and ending dates are also flexible.
• Preferred start date between August 11-15, 2014 and end date is negotiable (preferred 3 month commitment)
• This is an unpaid internship, offering the right candidate program credit and invaluable experience in fundraising and donor communication using Raiser’s Edge.How to Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to Kristin Vanderver at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CMC provides equal employment opportunities to all people regardless of race, age, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or any other basis protected by law.