Marketing Intern Summer 2014
Type: Volunteer Intern
Reports to: Marketing Director
Purpose: This person will organize and complete tasks for the marketing department, in support of the marketing goals of the Colorado Mountain Club.
Overview: This outstanding individual will be a highly motivated team-player and organized self-starter, with the ability to follow through on various projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate will have superior print and web design skills, solid written and verbal skills, and a strong attention to detail. In addition to marketing and communications initiatives, duties will include background research and project coordination.
- Coordinate and organize CMC presence at events
- Assist marketing and advertising campaigns
- Create and maintain design collateral
- Update website content
- Create a communications and content calendar for the CMC blog
- Draft guidelines and “how-to” documents (PDFs and videos) for website functionality
- Promote guidebooks through events and outreach
- Coordinate with department directors and statewide groups on marketing needs
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Draft and edit marketing copy for print and web use
- Assist in social media management (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Minimum of college level Junior classification; at least 1 year of previous work experience
- Knowledge of and significant interest in marketing, communications, advertising and promotions is required
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and the software programs associated with Windows, particularly but not limited to Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with websites, content management tools, and HTML code
Hours & Compensation:
- The development intern works between 12-32 hours per week depending on desired hours; hours and schedule are flexible.
- Preferred start date July 7, 2014 and end date is negotiable (preferred 3 month or 6 month commitment)
- Occasional evening or weekend work may be requested for special events, including film festivals and fundraisers
- This is an unpaid internship, offering the right candidate program credit and invaluable experience in marketing and promotion.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line: Marketing Intern Resume. No phone calls.
CMC provides equal employment opportunities to all people regardless of race, age, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or any other basis protected by law.