Jobs & Internships
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Colorado Mountain Club.
The Colorado Mountain Club seeks a self-motivated, customer-focused and tech savvy professional to join its membership team. This position helps connect members and potential members to the benefits and resources they need to participate in Colorado Mountain Club activities. Key duties include managing the Membership Office located in Golden, Colorado and is responsible for leading CMC’s efforts to build and maintain an active and engaged membership base. The Manager will accomplish this by maintaining a high level of membership satisfaction; accurately tracking member records; researching market data, membership trends, and other pertinent information relevant to membership retention and growth; and implementing appropriate retention and recruitment strategies.
Managing the online member experience while troubleshooting and offering technical support for Club volunteer leaders and members will be essential. This position will be the project lead and technical POC for the implementation of a new database and web interface (2016); extensive project management experience and knowledge of SQL databases or membership CRMs is a must.
Personnel management duties will include ensuring exceptional standards of guest service, overseeing technical help desk software, eliciting customer support satisfaction feedback, developing and managing the budget, and coordination of training for employees and volunteers on applicable software and processes.
Minimum qualifications for this position include a Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Business, Marketing, or Communications preferred, 3 years in guest service and/or sales preferred, minimum 2 years management experience with excellent communication and time management skills.
This is a full-time position that reports to the Marketing and Membership Director. The ideal candidate is passionate about the outdoors and eager to work as a member of a dynamic membership team.
Other responsibilities include:
- Primary liaison to the 3rd party technical team and lead the implementation of a new database (SalesForce or similar) which is central to scheduling programs, managing members and volunteers, tracking new and renewing membership rates, etc.
- Develop volunteer and tracking strategies, integrated through new database.
- Provide technical support to website and oversee daily operations of the CMC help desk.
- Analyze, segment and report membership data on weekly, monthly and quarterly schedule
- Develop print and online deliverables such as new member welcome packet, membership orientation guide, membership orientation event materials, member renewal notices, member satisfaction surveys, etc.
- Develop processes and systems to support an expanded volunteer and membership program and make recommendations on member benefits and other member and volunteer services.
- Manage membership benefits relationships with vendors and retailers
- Building organizational infrastructure for volunteer and membership support, improving member services, and managing volunteer and membership programs.
- Serve as primary liaison to the various Chapters located throughout Colorado.
- Highly analytic practitioner who continually measures the results of membership/marketing activities making adjustments as necessary to drive higher conversion rates.
- Experience in direct channel marketing via integrated campaigns for e-mail, Web, print in addition to proficiencies in list procurement, data segmentation, split testing and vendor management
- Project management skills and strong organizational skills, including attention to detail. Ability to work well in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, and manage multiple projects with competing demands while maintaining a commitment to excellence
- Excellent problem solving skills, decision-making ability and attention to detail
- Exceptional energy and ability to bring innovative ideas to an organization and proactively seeks out and leverages emerging technologies and best practices
- Excellent customer-service capabilities and demonstrated experience with help desk ticketing software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Cultural competency experience and demonstrated ability to work with people of diverse races, ages, genders, abilities and economic backgrounds. Ability to work with multiple stakeholders at all organizational levels, internally and externally.
- 2 years prior supervisory experience
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office, SQL databases or CRM platforms (SalesForce, Raisers Edge, etc)
- Knowledge of web CMS tools and MyEmma (or other email marketing software)
- Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, InDesign (or other design software) a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule for events scheduled on evenings and weekends
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Business, Marketing or Communications preferred or equivalent experience
- PMI certification or Agile Project Management experience a plus
To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter, two writing samples and resume to Rachel Vermeal, Marketing and Membership Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Membership Manager. Application deadline: August 18, 2015. No phone calls.
Type: Volunteer Intern
Reports to: Development Director
Purpose: The Development Intern will assist with administrative tasks and general support of CMC’s fundraising efforts
Duties and Responsibilities
• Help plan and prepare for CMC’s annual fundraising events
• Provide administrative support for development activities
• Research foundation and corporate fundraising opportunities
• Assist with marketing efforts related to fundraising
• Material preparation and assembly
• Special projects as assigned
• Undergraduate or graduate level and/or at least one year of related work experience
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Hours & Compensation
• 5-10 hours per week with flexible hours and schedule; start and end dates are also flexible
• CMC can coordinate with accredited universities to provide credit for hours completed
• This is an unpaid internship offering valuable experience in the non-profit sector
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "Development Intern" in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
CMC provides equal employment opportunities to all people regardless of race, age, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or any other basis protected by law.