Full Charge Bookkeeper
The Bookkeeper works across a variety of accounting areas including those related to the general ledger, inventory, and payroll. The ideal person for this position will have a high level of integrity and the drive to succeed. This position will be working in three sets of individually separate books. A clear understanding of generally accepted accounting principles & the accounting cycle will be helpful in succeeding in this position.
- Make bank deposits and receipts of money.
- Pay bills and maintain ledgers
- Making deposits & reconcile point of sale.
- Making simple journal entries.
- Prepare financial statements and reports, including the profit and loss statement and balance sheet
- Monthly inventory and sales reports.
- Process semi-monthly payroll.
- Assist with the annual year-end audit.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor degree in business administration with area of emphasis in accounting required.
- Bookkeeping experiences & familiarity with Intuit’s Quickbooks required.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Detail oriented, and analytical.
- Non-profit experience helpful.
Position Status and Benefits:
- Wage is $19.00 per hour
- This is a full-time position with full benefits
- Flexible schedule available
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to Chun Chiang at ChunChiang@cmc.org with "Full-Charge Bookkeeper" in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Reporting to the Development Director, the Development Associate will provide critical support for all of CMC’s fundraising activities. This full-time position will be responsible for managing CMC events, establishing and stewarding community relationships, entering and acknowledging gifts and will play a key role in meeting the Development Department’s revenue and strategic goals.
- Plan and execute all aspects of CMC’s fundraising events, including budgeting, securing sponsorships, recruiting and supervising volunteers and managing silent auctions
- Assist Marketing Department in developing comprehensive and strategic communications plan to maximize event exposure and attendance
- Maintain robust relationships with corporate event sponsors and manage benefits fulfillment
- Extended work hours (evenings and/or weekends) to manage events occasionally required
- Assist in identifying new funding partners and implementing strategies to secure sponsorships and outside funding
- Build and enhance beneficial relationships within the local community for financial and in-kind support
- Research and identify foundation and corporate sponsorship prospects
- Assist in developing strategies for new gift acquisition and revenue growth
- Ensure timely and accurate gift processing
- Generate mailing lists for appeals, donor reports and carry out data clean-up as needed
- Update development-related marketing materials
- Complete special projects to support CMC’s Development goals as assigned
Highly organized and self-motivated with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and perform gracefully under pressure is a must. Professional attitude with the ability to effectively convey the organization’s mission to supporters. Team player able to work independently with minimal supervision and be personally accountable for decisions. Able to collaborate with individuals and departments across the organization.
Proven track record of success in meeting revenue goals for events and securing sponsorships. Experience with workplace giving programs and online campaigns desired. Experience securing grant funding from private and corporate foundations a plus.
Bachelor’s degree and at least three years experience in related field, including work in the non-profit sector, required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and experience with CRM/donor databases required (Raiser’s Edge highly preferred).
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Associate” in the subject line. Deadline to apply is September 19, 2014. No phone calls, please.
The Colorado Mountain Club is the state’s leading organization dedicated to adventure, recreation, conservation and education. Founded in 1912, the CMC has helped Coloradans enjoy the mountains for more than a century. The Club acts as a gateway to the outdoors for novices and experts alike, offering an array of year-round activities and events centered on hiking, mountaineering, backpacking, snowshoeing, rock climbing, ice climbing, bicycling, fly fishing, backcountry skiing, international trekking and more. The Club comprises 14 regional groups across the state to serve the local needs of its members and partners. Each of these groups provides affordable schools for individuals to create and enhance outdoor skill sets. To ensure the continued enjoyment of Colorado’s pristine places, the CMC also leads efforts to protect wild and public lands with its conservation and stewardship programs. The Club publishes a quarterly magazine, Trail & Timberline, and operates a press with more than 20 current titles. No other organization in the Intermountain West employs such a strong or broad approach to connecting people with the Rocky Mountain landscape.
Development Intern - Fall 2014Type:
Volunteer InternReports to:
The Development Intern will assist with administrative tasks and general support of CMC’s fundraising efforts
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide administrative support for development activities
• Help plan and prepare for CMC’s annual fundraising events
• Assist with entering and tracking donations and sponsorship
• Research foundation and corporate fundraising opportunities
• Assist in the marketing efforts related to fundraising
• Material preparation and assembly
• Complete special projects as assignedEducation/Work Experience
• Undergraduate or graduate level and/or at least one year of related work experienceRecommended Skills
• Experience with MicroSoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Data entryHours & Compensation
• 10 hours per week with flexible hours and schedule; start and end dates are also flexible
• CMC can coordinate with accredited universities to provide credit for hours completed
• This is an unpaid
internship offering valuable experience in the non-profit sectorHow to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "Development Intern" in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
CMC provides equal employment opportunities to all people regardless of race, age, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or any other basis protected by law.