Trip Leader School (TLS)
Register for Fall TLS starting Sept 23rd
- Lecture: Monday, September 23 from 6:30 - 8:45 PM, AMC, Golden
- Field LIT: Saturday, September 28 from 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Limit: 20 Students Maximum; 8 Students Minimum
- Fee: $15 which includes all materials, on-line trip scheduling training, LIT Field Day & Support
- Prerequisites: Students should have been a member of CMC for a minimum of 1 year and have participated in 3 CMC Denver trips
Leading trips can be a CMC member’s most important and rewarding
activity: important because it is the heart and soul of the Club,
rewarding because no CMC activity serves better purposes.
Nothing is more important than bringing a group home from a hiking or
climbing trip without accident or incident. It’s not that the risks in
the mountains are so high, but that the consequences are too severe to
risk untrained, unprepared or unknown trip leaders.
The knowledge and skills of CMC trip leaders are known to us because
we train them ourselves. The Denver Group alone offers 25 schools, from
Wilderness Trekking School to highly technical mountaineering schools,
taught by some of the most experienced and capable instructors in
The rewards of leading trips are huge. Trip leaders not only get to
share with others the knowledge and skills they’ve learned, they get to
hike or climb when and where they want, and set their own pace.
Trained and experienced trip leaders are the most vital resource and
valuable asset the Club has to offer. What motivates us to lead in the
first place is that we get so much in return.
Learn more: http://www.hikingdenver.net/trip-leaders.
Director: Uwe Sartori, firstname.lastname@example.org