The Essential Guide to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park
The 2,000-foot, near vertical gorge of Gunnison National Park’s Black Canyon is the center of a recreational mecca for nearly 1,000,000 annual visitors. This is the essential guide to Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park, together with adjoining Curecanti National Recreation Area and Gunnison Gorge National Conservation Area. Camping, wildlife viewing, hiking, backpacking, climbing, mountain biking, fly fishing – the recreational opportunities around Black Canyon are unsurpassed. Walk the nature trails along the breath-taking rim, experience the heart-pounding white-water of the inner-canyon or scale the world-famous Painted Wall. No matter whether for families or the extreme outdoor expert, you’ll find everything here for you to enjoy the adventures in this unique 130,000-acre area – detailed route descriptions for hikers, bikers, and climbers, fascinating geologic and natural history of the area, park-planning information about facilities, camping and lodging, safety, equipment tips, FAQs and much more.
* Color-Coded tabs and activity symbols make it quick and easy for you to find the information you need.
* Detailed trail and route descriptions for over 30 hikes, plus info for anglers, boaters, mountain bikers, and rock climbers.
* Packed with over 40 maps, information charts and hundred of stunning photos – all in full color.
* Enjoy complete park planning information, including facilities, camping, lodging, and safety and equipment tips.
* With plenty of close-by activities and fun attractions that will interest anyone, plus fascinating natural and cultural history.
256 pages, 6 x 9, full color, paperbound