Jobs & Internships
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Colorado Mountain Club.
Youth Education Intern
The Colorado Mountain Club seeks a self-motivated, customer-focused and tech savvy professional to join its membership team. This position helps connect members and potential members to the benefits and resources they need to participate in Colorado Mountain Club activities. Key duties include managing the Membership Office located in Golden, Colorado and is responsible for leading CMC’s efforts to build and maintain an active and engaged membership base. The Manager will accomplish this by maintaining a high level of membership satisfaction; accurately tracking member records; researching market data, membership trends, and other pertinent information relevant to membership retention and growth; and implementing appropriate retention and recruitment strategies.
Managing the online member experience while troubleshooting and offering technical support for Club volunteer leaders and members will be essential. This position will be the project lead and technical POC for the implementation of a new database and web interface (2016); extensive project management experience and knowledge of SQL databases or membership CRMs is a must.
Personnel management duties will include ensuring exceptional standards of guest service, overseeing technical help desk software, eliciting customer support satisfaction feedback, developing and managing the budget, and coordination of training for employees and volunteers on applicable software and processes.
Minimum qualifications for this position include a Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Business, Marketing, or Communications preferred, 3 years in guest service and/or sales preferred, minimum 2 years management experience with excellent communication and time management skills.
This is a full-time position that reports to the Marketing and Membership Director. The ideal candidate is passionate about the outdoors and eager to work as a member of a dynamic membership team.
Other responsibilities include:
- Primary liaison to the 3rd party technical team and lead the implementation of a new database (SalesForce or similar) which is central to scheduling programs, managing members and volunteers, tracking new and renewing membership rates, etc.
- Develop volunteer and tracking strategies, integrated through new database.
- Provide technical support to website and oversee daily operations of the CMC help desk.
- Analyze, segment and report membership data on weekly, monthly and quarterly schedule
- Develop print and online deliverables such as new member welcome packet, membership orientation guide, membership orientation event materials, member renewal notices, member satisfaction surveys, etc.
- Develop processes and systems to support an expanded volunteer and membership program and make recommendations on member benefits and other member and volunteer services.
- Manage membership benefits relationships with vendors and retailers
- Building organizational infrastructure for volunteer and membership support, improving member services, and managing volunteer and membership programs.
- Serve as primary liaison to the various Chapters located throughout Colorado.
- Highly analytic practitioner who continually measures the results of membership/marketing activities making adjustments as necessary to drive higher conversion rates.
- Experience in direct channel marketing via integrated campaigns for e-mail, Web, print in addition to proficiencies in list procurement, data segmentation, split testing and vendor management
- Project management skills and strong organizational skills, including attention to detail. Ability to work well in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, and manage multiple projects with competing demands while maintaining a commitment to excellence
- Excellent problem solving skills, decision-making ability and attention to detail
- Exceptional energy and ability to bring innovative ideas to an organization and proactively seeks out and leverages emerging technologies and best practices
- Excellent customer-service capabilities and demonstrated experience with help desk ticketing software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Cultural competency experience and demonstrated ability to work with people of diverse races, ages, genders, abilities and economic backgrounds. Ability to work with multiple stakeholders at all organizational levels, internally and externally.
- 2 years prior supervisory experience
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office, SQL databases or CRM platforms (SalesForce, Raisers Edge, etc)
- Knowledge of web CMS tools and MyEmma (or other email marketing software)
- Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, InDesign (or other design software) a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule for events scheduled on evenings and weekends
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Business, Marketing or Communications preferred or equivalent experience
- PMI certification or Agile Project Management experience a plus
To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter, two writing samples and resume to Rachel Vermeal, Marketing and Membership Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Membership Manager. Application deadline: August 18, 2015. No phone calls, please.
Type: Volunteer Intern
Reports to: Development Director
Purpose: The Development Intern will assist with administrative tasks and general support of CMC’s fundraising efforts
Duties and Responsibilities
• Help plan and prepare for CMC’s annual fundraising events
• Provide administrative support for development activities
• Assist with marketing efforts related to fundraising
• Material preparation and assembly
• Special projects as assigned
• Undergraduate or graduate level and/or at least one year of related work experience
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Hours & Compensation
• 5-10 hours per week with flexible hours and schedule; start and end dates are also flexible
• CMC can coordinate with accredited universities to provide credit for hours completed
• This is an unpaid internship offering valuable experience in the non-profit sector
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "Development Intern" in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Youth Education Intern
- Experience in natural science or related field.
- Experience working in outdoor hiking and climbing programs.
- Experience teaching youth from diverse backgrounds in environmental education and/or adventure education.
- Sense of humor, ability to relate to school-age children and adults of all backgrounds; including class room behavior management.
- Self-directed, innovative thinker.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Assistant Instruction rock climbing at the indoor wall at the American Mountaineering Center with youth.
- Assistant Instructor for outdoor rock climbing and hiking programs.
- Instruct curriculum for the Youth Education Program (YEP) Activities are primarily indoors and experiential, using models, props, games, and other hands-on teaching methods. Participants are children in grades K-12, and adult chaperones. Typically instruction will occur in groups of 20 people or less.
- Facilitate a positive, fun learning environment through appropriate classroom behavior management, language and teaching methods.
- Prepare activities, materials, and equipment for programs as needed. Clean-up program areas.
- Provide curriculum feedback and ideas to the YEP program design team.
- Assist with general office Administration tasks for the YEP program
- Two- Three days a week during Septmeber 1- December 1
- Typical work day is 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. Classes may vary from 4- 8 hours/day
- This is an unpaid internship
- Pro-deals and a fun atmosphere and outdoor work.
- Ability to provide own transport to the American Mountaineering center in Golden, CO.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 31st 2015
Submit a resume and a cover letter with your goals and expectations of the position via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing Intern Fall 2015
Reports to: Communications and Digital Marketing Specialist
Purpose: The Marketing Intern will organize and complete tasks for the membership and marketing department in support of the goals of the Colorado Mountain Club.
Overview: This outstanding individual will be self-motivated and possess the ability to follow through simultaneously on various projects. The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail and superior written, verbal and design skills. In addition to marketing and communications initiatives, duties will include supporting membership projects.
- Coordinate and organize CMC presence at events
- Track and evaluate volunteer and membership engagement
- Assist marketing and advertising campaigns
- Create and maintain design collateral
- Update website content
- Craft e-mail newsletters and special e-blasts
- Draft guidelines and “how-to” documents for website functionality
- Coordinate with department directors and statewide groups on marketing needs
- Draft and edit marketing copy for print and web use
- Assist in social media content management (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Blog)
- Provide administrative support for membership services
- Aid membership in customer service
- Special projects as assigned
- Minimum of college level Junior classification; at least 1 year of previous work experience.
- Knowledge of and significant interest in marketing, communications, advertising, events and nonprofit membership a bonus
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including but not limited to Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with websites, content management systems and basic HTML code
Hours & Compensation:
- The Marketing Intern works between 8-16 hours per week depending on desired hours; hours and schedule are flexible
- Start date September 2015 with a preferred 6-month commitment
- Occasional evening or weekend work may be requested for special events, including film festivals and fundraisers
- This is an unpaid internship offering valuable experience in the nonprofit sector
- The CMC can coordinate with accredited universities to provide credit for hours completed
To Apply: Please e-mail email@example.com with a resume, cover letter and three writing samples. Application period will close Monday, Aug. 31.
The CMC provides equal employment opportunities to all people regardless of race, age, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or any other basis protected by law.