||Knot Tying Seminar- Denver Group
||Members Only (Programs/Education)
American Mountaineering Center
For more info Contact
For general questions about the CMC and membership, contact the CMC office at:
For questions about the School, contact: School Director, Dave Covill at Dave_Covill@eogresources.com
If you want to read more about this school go to Knot Tying Seminar
Calling all Knotty Boyz & Girlz !!!
Topics covered include:
• Ropes, a brief history of climbing ropes, including a look at the core of a modern climbing rope
• Coiling, including various methods taught by the CMC
• Uses for knots, including why we tie the ones we do in a given situation
• Webbing, and how to tie knots with webbing
• Cord, and how to tie knots with smaller diameter cord, and when to use it
• Basic knots, common to all climbing situations
• Intermediate level knots, specific to BMS, HAMS, and Tech Section Rock Climbing Schools
• Care for ropes
Students will first master several basic knots, and then have the opportunity to learn various knots of their choosing with instructors who specialize in those knots.
All students will receive a copy of the textbook for the course: The Outdoor Knots Book (Mountaineers Outdoor Basics) by Clyde Soles, a $14.95 value.
Students will also receive an 8’ section of used 11mm practice rope, a 6’ section of brand new 5mm cord for a prussik, and a 6’ section of brand new 1” webbing for a runner. Students will also receive a discount coupon from a local mountaineering store.
Denver Group Schools refund policy:
requests for refunds of tuition/fees must be requested in writing to the
appropriate school or event director.
Requests made prior to 30 days before the beginning of the school/event
will be processed less a $10 handling fee.
Requests made within 30 days of the school/event will be refunded at 50%
of the amount paid. No refunds will be
made after the beginning of the school/event.
However, a refund less $10 can be obtained if a person is found to take
the original student’s place in a school.
Sorry it is past the registration deadline for this event.