Home » Calendar »
||AIARE Level 1 -Session 2
||Members Only (Programs/Education)
Lectures on February 26 & 27 held at AMC, Golden
Time: 6:30-9:30 PM
Field days held at Berthoud Pass.
Instruction by: CMC Level 1 Certified Instructors and Markus Beck, AIARE Level 1
Certified Course Administrator of Alpine World Ascents
Field Instructors include CMC Level 1 trained Assistants as well as Senior
CMC Level 1 Instructors.
Field Ratio of Instructors to Students: 1-6
For more info Contact
Tom Creighton, School Director
AIARE Level 1 Avalanche School
Tom Creighton, Director at email@example.com
Session 2: Lectures February 26 & 27at AMC, 6:30-9:30 PM
Field Days March 1 & 2 at Empire Community Center& Berthoud Pass, 8:00AM – 5:00 PM
Fee for Session 2: $240 Denver members; $250 non-DG members
Standard CMC Denver refund policy applies
If you participate in winter activities such as Ice or Snow Climbing, Backcountry Telemark or Tour Skiing, Ski Mountaineering or Snowshoe in the backcountry, you want to know what AIARE Level 1 training can do for you. If you want to become a Backcountry Winter Leader this class is required for certification of all DG Backcountry winter trip leaders after September 30, 2011. Field days will be held IN AVLANCHE TERRAIN. Probe techniques and beacons will be used as components of Companion Rescue. Students need to have their own beacon, shovel, probe; rental of the avalanche package may be made from local gear retailers.
“Decision Making in Avalanche Terrain”
Level 1 is a 3 day/24 hour introduction to avalanche hazard management that:
• Provides a basic understanding of avalanches
• Describes a framework for decision making and risk management in avalanche terrain
• Focuses on identifying the right questions, rather than on providing “answers”
• Gives lessons and exercises that are practically oriented, useful, and applicable in the field
• Plan and prepare for travel in avalanche terrain
• Recognize avalanche terrain
• Describe a basic framework for making decisions in avalanche terrain
• Learn and apply effective companion rescue
Leaders: Want to save some $$ and commit to backcountry trip leadership or assisting with ATA or AIARE in the future? Contact: Linda Lawson
Sorry it is past the registration deadline for this event.