Explore the mountains and meet new people with the Colorado Mountain Club. Join us for trips, hikes and activities throughout the state!
The Colorado Mountain Club is the state’s leading organization dedicated to adventure, recreation, conservation and education. Founded in 1912, the CMC acts as a gateway to the mountains for novices and experts alike, offering an array of year-round activities, events and schools centered on outdoor recreation. The Club comprises 14 regional groups across the state to serve the local needs of its members and partners. To ensure the continued enjoyment of Colorado’s pristine places, the CMC also leads efforts to protect wild and public lands with its conservation and stewardship programs. The Club publishes a quarterly magazine, Trail & Timberline, and operates a press with more than 20 current titles. No other organization in the Intermountain West employs such a strong or broad approach to connecting people with the Rocky Mountain landscape.
When you join the Colorado Mountain Club, you receive a variety of member benefits including:
- 20% member discount on CMC Press Books
- 15% member discount on CMC hat, t-shirts, and hoodies
- 40% off admission to the American Mountaineering Museum
- 4 issues of Trail & Timberline magazine
- FREE signups to over 3,000 separate mountain adventures annually, ranging from easy day hikes and snowshoe trips, to peak climbs, cross-country, and downhill ski trips, to long day walks
- Access to courses, classes and seminars throughout the state
- Discounts at outdoor retailers including: Mountainsmith, The Mountaineers Books, Neptune Mountaineering, Adventure Medical Kits and Bent Gate Mountaineering
Frequently Asked Questions
Which CMC Group should I join?
The Colorado Mountain Club is organized into local Groups. When you join the Club, you join one of the local groups. There is even a group for members who live outside the state of Colorado, called Friends of Colorado. Your local group will provide the majority of Club services that you receive. All activities of any group are open to all CMC members regardless of group affiliation.
What are CMC's membership rates?
What are the great benefits I get as a member?
I want to learn a new mountain skill. Check out our selection of schools!
I want to go on a hike and meet great people. Check out the calendar!
I want to travel and hike some international peaks. Check out Adventure Travel!
I want to come to events in Golden at the American Mountaineering Center. Check out CMC's event series of speakers, films and fundraisers!
Follow us on Facebook