Trail Maintenance | Habitat Restoration | Resource Conservation
In 2015, CMC piloted a new stewardship program to meet the needs of public land managers across the state. We hired 2 natural resource professionals to complete stewardship projects including trail maintenance, habitat restoration, and more. Plus, this team led volunteer projects each month to help protect the places where we love to play.
Where we've been working:
Find the Stewardship Team:
2016 Projects and Dates will be available this spring but look forward to events in the following locations!
- Burn Canyon Trails - Norwood BLM
- Wolford Mountain Trails - Kremmling BLM
- Paonia Wilderness Trails - Gunnison National Forest
- Rio Grande Natural Area - San Luis Valley BLM
- Badger Flats - Pike National Forest
- Continental Divide Trail - San Isabel National Forest
Pikes Peak Group Stewardship Projects:
Lovell Gulch Trail Maintenance - Help the CMC Pikes Peak Group reroute sections of this trail that are eroding and causing resource damage. Projects will include basic tread construction, rock work and more.
Location: Pike National Forest (Woodland Park, CO)
Dates: May 21, June 25, July 23, August 27, September 17
Denver Group Stewardship Projects:
Info and dates coming soon!